Merry Christmas!

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas Everyone! The past couple months have been pretty difficult, so this Christmas I am just grateful to be able to spend time with my wonderful family. As some of you know, my younger brother Taylor was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma this past October. My brother is my best friend and partner in crime, so over the past couple of months this blog has had to take a back seat to his health. It has been a very scary and trying time for all of us. Chemo is no joke and watching Taylor go through this has not been easy. Despite the toll that it has taken on his body, the Chemo treatments are working and Taylor is on his way to recovery. I never stop being impressed with his strength and bravery throughout this entire process. I know that God is watching over us and He has already used this experience to make our family closer than ever. 


As you can see by our mustaches and matching pajamas, our tradition of keeping the holidays casual and silly is alive and well. Take that Cancer :)


It is such a weight off to finally be able to share this with everyone. Taylor's treatment should be completed within the next month, and I will be sure to keep y'all updated on how he is doing. I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday and don't forget to tune in later this week for some great New Years Eve style inspiration.

6 comments :

  1. Merry Christmas Pretty! I'm glad to hear the treatment is going well for your brother. Keeping your whole crew in my thoughts. Looks like you guys didn't let it slow down the fun yesterday!

    xo
    d
    www.louwhatwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This takes courage to share, but I'm so so happy to did. Glad to hear the bro is hanging in there, he's in my prayers! Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful {& silly...now I see where you get it lol} family!!!

    xo
    Kristin of LivingInColorPrint.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley- my thoughts are with you and your family. Loved reading this post :) And those jammies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admire you, your brother and your family's strength in this difficult time. You all are in my thoughts and prayers! Looks like the struggles didn't keep your family from having a ball yesterday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Love the matching pj's! Wishing your brother and your family health in the new year! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley, I've been a long time follower of yours on Instagram and now migrated to your blog so I had no clue what was going on. I'm glad to hear that your brother is doing a ton better. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you need anything because I'm in the health and wellness industry as well as the fashion industry so I know people who can help, okay? Praying for continued strength for you and your family!

    P.S. The PJs and 'staches are too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...