COMMITTED

Monday, February 2, 2015










I have been itching to get a dog for months now. If I look at the logistics, there's nothing really stopping me from getting one. I work from home, so I would have plenty of time for a puppy. And even though for all intents and purposes I am allegedly an adult now, I'm just not sure I'm ready for the weight of that responsibility. However, I'm starting to realize that it might simply be the commitment I'm really afraid of.  It's hardly like I'm jetting off on trips every week...but right now I like the feeling of knowing that I could.

Commitment is a funny thing in your 20s. We are taught that this is a time for endless possibilities, anything goes, try it all. I for one feel overwhelmed, almost paralyzed, by all the choices. I tend to hang back on making big decisions, like getting a dog, but is my fear of committing actually keeping me from taking advantage of the exact opportunities unique to being young? While I continue to mull that over, I take comfort in knowing that my dear family friends frequently go out of town and I am their goto dog sitter. So for this past weekend at least, I was committed to an adorable Cavalier King Charles named Shelby.




*Photography by Mary Summers

5 comments :

  1. a) love this look. so easy & chic b) Shelby is SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post!!! Keep writing more!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG SO SO SO CUTE! I love dogs, and my life wouldn't be the same without my pup. Sometimes I wish I could work at home, just so I could spend more time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW! I absolutely love this shot of your baby kissing your face:) So, I've been scrolling through your posts and absolutely loving your blog and style. Awesome!
    I just found another daily read:)
    XO,Gina
    www.classyeverafterblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...